Ancient medicine taught that the gut is the central player in health versus disease, and recent research is proving that this is true. The indications for beginning to look at gut health are vast. Check out these amazing facts:
- Did you know that 70% of our immune system and 60% of our neurologic system lies around our gut?
- Our gut sends 10 times more information to our brain than the brain sends to the gut
- There is 150 times more genetic information in the microbiome that lives in our large intestine than there is in the entire rest of our body.
- The surface area of our intestines would cover the area of half of a badminton court, and it is only 1 cell thick!
- We take in 35-50 tons of food in our lifetime
Any myriad of symptoms can be coming from digestive imbalance. Some of these include:
- Headaches, migraine, fatigue and brain fog
- Joint and muscle pain
- Thyroid disorders
- Gas, bloating, acid reflux, cramping, diarrhea, constipation
- Acne, rosacea, psoriasis
- Anxiety and depression
Do you or have you had any of these symptoms above and not found any answers? Did anyone ever evaluate your gut? Here at Valley Vital Medicine, comprehensive testing of your gut health is important. I use blood, breath, stool, and urine testing to comprehensively evaluate for the following:
- Intestinal permeability (leaky gut)
- Dysbiosis (Imbalance of healthy gut bacteria, viruses, and yeast)
- Food sensitivity (to include wheat and gluten)
- Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth
- Adequate digestion of proteins and fats
- Infection (Parasites, virus, bacteria, yeast)
Based on our findings, we will come up with a comprehensive treatment plan and walk through this together. Treatment modalities depend on your specific findings and may include:
- Herbal antibacterials
- Healing supplements
- Dietary guidance
- Prescription medications if needed
- Pre and Probiotics to fit your specific needs
- Recommendations for further evaluation if indicated
If you are struggling with any of the above concerns and haven’t found the answers you are looking for, click here: Work with Trevor and set up your Free Discovery Call to see if we are a good fit.